2023 BCAS Audition
Boston Concert Artist Society (BCAS) will organize a live audition in August 2023 to discover the new generation of musical talent. We are looking for classical musicians who display not only technical mastery but also creativity that could be communicated to the general public. It is one of BSCAS missions to support musicians who seek to build up a performing career with their musical art.
If you are interested, please read carefully the following information and application instructions.
- Age limit: 15-35 as of August 2023
- Solo performers, or with piano, of any classical music field and of any nationality
June 30, 2023
- BCAS will organize a debut recital at Grace Episcopal Church in Newton and two community concerts with a total prize of $2500 and traveling expenses of $500.
- The winner will be invited to be a BCAS concert artist for further concert engagements.
AUDITION & DATES
- All applicants will be invited to a live audition & interview.
-You cannot substitute your live audition with your recordings.
- No audio or video recordings are required.
- At your audition, you will perform a piece of your choice, and will be asked to play a piece or two of our juries’ choice in your program.
- You should bring your own accompanist.
- The audition will take place at two locations.You can pick your audition location.
MIT Killian Hall in Cambridge MA from August 7-10
St. Mary of the Assumption in Milford, MA from August 10-11
- Solo program of free choices
- Approximately 60-70 min long
- We expect a creative and artistic program which could reveal the unique personality of the performer and could appeal to general audiences
- Please click “Apply Online” above and fill an online application form.
- Please upload the following documents in the application.
1. A high-resolution photo in an electronic form
2. A biographical sketch and a CV including the information of previous concert experiences, education, prizes and awards.
3.Audition program (Please include all details: title, opus number, movements, composer, dates)
4. Repertoire list - the works you have studied or performed in the past two years.
5. A copy of applicant’s driver’s license, passport, or any other official document establishing the age of the applicant.
- Please pay an application fee of $75, using the"Pay Application Fee" button below.. The fee is non-refundable.
- Once your application is completed, our audition manager will contact you.
Boston Concert Artist Society, Inc. has unrestricted rights to broadcast, record, televise, publish any part of the applicant’s participation in the audition and the winner’s concert, including, but not limited to, rehearsals and performances.
Boston Concert Artist Society, Inc.
51 Park Street
Dedham, MA 02026